Introduction to HR – Canada specific
Managing the HR function in an organization requires the use of many skills, including the ability to manage yourself and others, and the ability to make informed decisions and solve problems effectively. This programme will enable HR professionals to develop critical skills within the main functions of HR:
Human Resources Management (HRM)
Finance and Accounting
Human Resources Planning
Occupational Health and Safety
Training and Development
Recruitment and Selection
The programme is highly practical with delegates involved in group activities, role-plays and exercises to develop and enhance their skills.
Who Should Attend?
This programme is designed for HR professionals, particularly those who are new to HR – Canada, or who have some experience, but no formal training, and who would like to broaden their HR knowledge, and develop their expertise and interpersonal skills. This is a great opportunity for those who are looking for some practical experience in HR.
- To understand the different roles and responsibilities of Human Resource Managers
- To become conversant with resourcing and the recruitment and selection process, and to practise the skills required for effective interviewing
- To identify and use the skills involved in managing people effectively, specifically the skills of planning and organizing, communication, assertiveness, motivation and decision making
- To identify the key elements of employee relations, focusing specifically on the techniques of coaching, counselling and disciplinary action
- To examine employee learning and development, in order to plan and implement learning and development activities
- To understand the importance of a Reward Management Framework
- To develop the skills needed to conduct appraisals within a Performance Management System
- To become familiar with the importance of effective policies and procedures for employees
What You Will Gain
A clear understanding of the management and interpersonal skills required to effectively perform the HR function. The ability to develop skills such as planning, decision making, interviewing, coaching, and counselling. Exposure to all the aspects of current HR best practices
Internship Program – Optional